Eagle Nazarene Church
Being a church beyond our walls
We are a Christian church in the Nazarene denomination located in Eagle, Idaho. Since 1923, EagleNaz has stood as a fellowship of people seeking to know Christ in a daily relationship, where our lives are being transformed into His likeness, so that we might know and join in His mission of sharing love and redemption to the nations.
By being "A Church Beyond Our Walls," we understand that God's goodness does not exist solely within the walls of our building. As Christ's disciples, it is our duty and our joy to share and spread the love of our God and live a part of His global mission, loving and serving locally and abroad.
To be a church overflowing with Christlike disciples.
To love people into a growing relationship with Jesus and send His love beyond our walls.
We want to seek God with all that we are,
making prayer and time with our Father a priority.
We want to reach out and share the love of Christ with those around us.
We refer to the people who intersect our daily lives as our Oikos.
A Christian disciple is someone who knows Jesus, is being transformed by Him, and has joined in His mission. Therefore, we offer a variety of ministries to speak into the whole person. Sunday School classes, Bible studies, retreats, conferences, Divorce/Grief Share, and LIFE groups are ways in which to do this.
What We Believe
1. God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people.
3. The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in the world to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He lives within every Christian from the moment of salvation to lead and empower them in the ways of God.
4. The Bible is God’s word to us. It is the only source of truth for Christian beliefs.
5. Humanity is made in the spiritual image of God, yet sin has disconnected our relationship with God.
6. Salvation is God’s free gift offered to us to bring us back into fellowship with Him.
7. Sanctification is the setting apart or the new identity we have in Christ and the filling of the Holy Spirit for a victorious life in Christ.
8. Eternity is the span of time that we will spend either separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation.
9. Sacraments: Baptism is a testimony of the death of self. It represents life and resurrection in the new life with Christ. Communion is a memorial for the gift Christ has given us on the Cross.
What It Means To Be Nazarene
Named "Nazarene" after the common people for whom Jesus lived and died, the Church of the Nazarene is a global entity that exists to make Christlike disciples in the nations and serve our community. The Nazarene denomination is the largest of the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. What separates the Nazarenes from other Christian denominations is the emphasis on entire sanctification where God's grace washes us of our sin and sets us apart for Him.
At Eagle Nazarene Church, we believe that official membership is an expression of our commitment to Christ, one another, and to the vision/core values of EagleNaz and the Nazarene Church as a whole. It is about joining a family that is united in our beliefs and purpose of drawing life from God and pointing others to Him.
Wait, you may say, if I'm not a member, can I still come to EagleNaz for church? Of course you can! Don't even hesitate. Membership allows privileges such as being able to vote for and run for Board positions and other leadership roles but if you aren't an "official" member, don't sweat it! We won't treat you any differently.
How about if I've been coming to EagleNaz for years and years but I never took the "official class," am I a member? If you never took the Membership Class, you aren't officially a member of the Church of the Nazarene. But you are no more less integral and important to us! Everyone is welcome to take the membership class or, to not, and just keep on coming to service and being involved in what we do!
If you are interested in official membership, learning more about the church and global organization, or have questions for our pastors, we encourage you to take the informational/membership 101 class.
The starting point for the membership process here at EagleNaz begins with our 101 Welcome Class. It is a two session course that will identify what it means to be a member and give an opportunity to ask questions about our church or the Nazarene denomination. Upcoming classes will be listed on the calendar.